Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Storm Version 2

300 words?  I left myself enough to brag!  Easy...

I wasn’t always like this.  I used to look much like you did.  We were pretty similar- even if you don’t want to admit it.  I spent my days resting in luxury.  Occasionally I would be called upon by some stranger that wanted to come and check me out.  That happened more when I was younger, though – I was more popular back then.  As I got older, I got shoved further and further into the back; most people don’t make it back this far to even see me; and the ones that do hardly remember me.  My life may not have been exciting, but it was comfortable.  And that’s all I wanted.

Then the storm hit. 


Everything went into chaos.  Fortunately, I hadn’t been near a window in a long time - that’s where they store the newbies, so I figured I was safe.  There had been storms before; the whole building would shake, and the roof would pound like someone was riding horses on top of it.  But they never bothered me much.  And, at first, I thought that this storm would be just like the old ones.  But, then, as I heard a tearing noise that shook me to my core, I realized that the roof was no longer there!  Suddenly, I was exposed to the elements – and some uncontrollable force picked me up off of the shelf and hurled me to the ground outside of my library.  There I sat – pages soaking in the mud.  Dirty and warped, I knew I would never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment